Legal Articles

Oral Gifts of Real Estate

In general, one obtains title and ownership of real property by deed in Missouri (e.g., quitclaim deed, general warranty deed, beneficiary deed, special warranty deed, trustee deed, etc.). There are situations, however, when one can obtain title to real property without a traditional deed . Adverse possession is a prominent example of this. Another less…

Scroll to Top