Legal Articles

Missouri Name Change Law

In Missouri, a person may change his/her name by filing a petition in the appropriate circuit court. Once filed, the court will inquire to see if the petitioner is a child or an adult (i.e., over 18). Normally, for an adult petitioner, it must be shown that the name change is not detrimental to the…

Scroll to Top