Legal Articles

Oral Gifts of Real Estate

In general, one obtains title and ownership of real property by deed in Missouri (e.g., quitclaim deed, general warranty deed, beneficiary deed, special warranty deed, trustee deed, etc.). There are situations, however, when one can obtain title to real property without a traditional deed . Adverse possession is a prominent example of this. Another less…

Real Estate Ejectment, Disputes

Real estate disputes come in different forms: breach of contract claims arising out of real estate sales (both commercial and sale), ownership disputes, deed problems, adverse possession, private/public nuisance, etc. One of the more fundamental disputes that can arise is when another person takes possession of even a small parcel of real property you own….

Scroll to Top